Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 4

I was prescribed Vicodin for pain, Phenergan for nausea and Cephalexin for the antibiotics.  2 days after surgery, I started getting itchy red bumps on my belly and chest.  It spread up my neck and onto my face in just a few hours.  Apparently it's an allergic reaction to the antibiotics.  So I stopped taking that, and they prescribed a new one.  Here is a picture of the rash.


For the most part, I haven't had a lot of pain.  I haven't even seen any bruising.  As long as I stay on top of the pain medication, I feel great.  I keep forgetting and sometimes I'll push myself up from sitting and my breast will twitch and it hurts.  Nothing that the Vicodin can't fix.  I've also kept the sports bra on most of the time.  Every few hours I take it off for maybe 15-20 minutes.  They start to hurt if I don't keep them in the bra.  After 48 hours I was allowed to shower.  But I'm not supposed to reach my arms above my head.  Luckily, my husband very willingly washed my hair for me!

I also noticed that my breasts are different sizes.  My left has always been slightly bigger.  The sizes we decided to go with were 375CC's in the left and 425CC's in the right.  I'm not sure if they're swelling differently or if they accidentally put the implants in the wrong sides.  My post op appointment is in a few days, so I'll ask then.  Here are some photos of my swelling and the one at the end shows the size difference.

PS- take notice to my belly.  I'm not sure if there's still air in me or if it's still all the water weight from having IV's pumped in me.  But if you compare to 3 days ago before surgery, this is not what my belly typically looks like!  I'm surprised it's taking so long for it to go down.






 Here you can see the major size difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment