Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 6

So far, I haven't had a lot of pain.  The bottle of Vicodin says "take 1-2 every six hours as needed" and I usually take 1 every 4-ish hours.  First thing in the morning I sometimes take 2 because I'm so achey.  If I set my alarm for the middle of the night to take 1, then I'll take 1 when I wake up.  That works best for me.

Today is day 6.  I'm not sure if I over did it yesterday or if I've just accidentally grabbed for things and it just got to be too much.  But today, I hurt.  REALLY bad!  Just my right breast, and mostly at my nipple and incision (which is at the crease under my breast.)  My nipple feels like a sharp knife and the incision feels like it's open and someone is pouring salt into it.  But, it's covered with the surgical tape.  I'm hoping that it's not an infection and it's just nerve endings trying to reattach.

You'd be surprised at how many things require you to use your chest muscles.  Sitting and standing (if you push yourself up), flushing the toilet, buttoning jeans, pulling pants up or down, opening fridge door, drinking from a cup, brushing your teeth, holding the phone between your shoulder and ear...  It goes on and on.  So I'm sure I just over worked it.

I mentioned this in the last post, but I had an allergic reaction to the first antibiotic.  I broke out in hives (or really tiny, itchy red bumps) on my belly, chest and neck.  Now they're on my face, back of my arms and shoulders and the back of my thighs.  My face feels like sandpaper, but it doesn't look too bad.  The itching isn't quite as bad as it was, but I've been lathering all of it with coconut oil.  My post op is tomorrow morning so I'll be asking about the bumps, my uneven breasts and the pain in my right breast.

Sorry for the Debbie Downer post.. but it seems like it all built up today!  Tomorrow is a new day :)


4 comments:

  1. Hi Ima,
    My name is Reena and I work for a market research firm based in Chicago. I recently came across your blog and wanted to reach out to you to see if you would be interested in participating in a webcam interview where you would talk about your experiences with your augmentation.

    If you were interested in learning more about our company to get a better insight on what it is that we do you can visit www.fieldwork.com. Or you can feel free to call me at our office to learn more about the interview, what it involves, and its purpose. There are no sales involved and you would be compensated $100 after completing the 60 minute interview.

    Again, we are just trying to speak with women who would like to talk more about their experiences with their augmentation so if you know anyone who has had a breast augmentation and you think might be interested in participating feel free to pass along my information. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. Thank you for your time and I look forward hearing back from you.

    I've attached a pre-screen link for you to share with others if you'd like or for you to take and one of recruiters from our office would be in touch with you about the study.

    Click on the URL below or copy and paste it into your browser

    https://prescreen.fieldwork.com/s3/QW-361QW14

    Best,
    Reena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you post more pictures of breast augmentation results? I am at work right now and cannot find a pic on the net to show you what I mean, but when I am at home, I will take a photo and show you.


    breast augmentation recovery

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have good result in my opinion the best treatment in breast implant surgery rather any pills or creams

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breast Augmentation in Dubai is right choice for you for enhanced breast with desired shape, size and projection.

    ReplyDelete