Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The night before

For me, the point of a boob job is not because I'm some teenager trying to attract the boys.  I'm married and a mom of 3.  I've always been small, but during pregnancy and nursing I went up to a DD, and now I'm less than an A.  When I bend over my bra hangs open (because there's nothing in it!) and anyone can see straight in.  If it has any cut in the shirt besides up to my neck, I have to wear a cami under it, which that hangs open too.  I'm tall and thin and I  just want to look proportional.  It's something I've struggled with since puberty, and it's just time that I do something about it.


On top of all of that, I have Pectus Excavatum which means there's an indent in my chest.  Along with that, my rib cage tilts back.  So  my chest is sunken in and the bottom of my ribs stick out very far.  Even as a B my ribs were out further than my breasts.  (I'll post pictures tomorrow.)


You know, the worst part so far is having to schedule my breast augmentation 2 MONTHS in advance!  Waiting, thinking, going crazy... ya know?  I'm just a mess at this point.  But, I'm in the hands of a great doctor and I know the Lord will protect me, so I'm sure everything will be fine.  


About my appointments:
I had 2 pre-op appointments.  1st appointment, I met the doctor and he explained how he'd do the surgery and all of the other technical details.  I went to the next room and met with the nurse who gave me a bra and about 6 different sized implants to try on.
**TIP: Bring more than one shirt so you can see different looks.  Then, take pictures with your cell phone or digital camera so you can flip through and compare.**


Once everything was paid for, I had a second appointment set for exactly 4 weeks before the surgery.  I didn't even see the doctor, but I met with the nurse again to sign papers and try on implants again.  I actually ended up going up a size.  It was strange for me to see myself bigger, so it was hard to just look at it as proportional.  I'm telling you, TAKE PICTURES!  When I saw the photos, it was easier for me to make an informed decision.  Also, my breasts are different sizes, so I'll be getting 2 different sizes to make them even.  No more turning only to my left in photos!  WOO HOO!  Not to mention, my husband is pretty excited ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ima. Your breast augmentation experience is very helpful for me because I also want to have this cosmetic procedure. Now, I'm doing my research, namely, I read a lot of interesting articles and watch different breast augmentation videos Toronto. Btw, I'm glad everything worked great for you! Once again, thanks for sharing your boob job story! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice article, very enlightening. I'm a small build and looking to get BA in the next couple of months. This information is a great help for me. Please post more breast augmentation recovery photos for my reference. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete